Through the Marketplace, you may be eligible for private health insurance with savings based on your income. Insurance plans cover essential health benefits, pre-existing conditions and preventive care.
Essential health benefits include at least the following items and services:
- Ambulatory patient services (outpatient care you get without being admitted to a hospital)
- Emergency services
- Hospitalization (such as surgery)
- Pregnancy, maternity, and newborn care (care before and after your baby is born)
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services
No insurer can reject you, charge you more or refuse to pay for essential health benefits for any medical condition you had before your coverage started, known as a pre-existing condition. Most people who apply through the Marketplace qualify for premium tax credits and savings on out-of-pocket costs based on household size and income.
HealthWorks can also assist you in submitting an application for Virginia Medicaid. For information or to schedule an appointment with one of the Certified Application Counselors regarding applying for health insurance or Medicaid, please call 703 840-4699.