1. What is a Community Health Center?

    Community Health Centers are nonprofit, community-based primary care health organizations supported in part by federal funds. This health care model was authorized under the Consolidated Health Center Programs of section 330 of the Public Health Service Act administered by the United States Department of Health and Human Services Bureau of Primary Health Care. Community Health Center funds are initially granted through a competitive process. Other funding is received from private insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, patient payments, other Federal and state grants, foundations and local fundraising efforts. HealthWorks is a Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) Deemed facility.

  2. Do you have any specialists in-house?

    We provide family practice, internal medicine, psychiatry, behavioral health, dental, gynecology, and nutrition counseling. Other specialty care may be referred to another doctor.

  3. How do I contact my medical provider?

    To contact your medical provider, please call 703-443-2000 (Leesburg) or (703) 481-8160 (Herndon) or email your provider via the patient portal access.

  4. How can I receive a copy of my medical records?

    You will need to sign a release form before records can be released. Call 703-443-2002 for medical records.

  5. Do you provide school physicals and sports physicals?

    Yes. School physicals and sports physicals are available to existing patients by appointment only. Please call 703-443-2000 to schedule an appointment.

  6. How does HealthWorks for Northern Virginia’s sliding-discount work?

    HealthWorks for Northern Virginia charges for services on a sliding fee scale, which is based on family income and household size. In order to qualify for the sliding fee discount, you must bring proof of household income and family size to your first appointment. We will ask you to update this information every 12 months or anytime your income or household size changes.

  7. I am currently working, am I still able to receive services at HealthWorks for Northern Virginia?

    Yes, you can use HealthWorks' services, regardless of whether or not you are employed. Many people who are employed qualify for a discount (please see "How does HealthWorks' sliding-discount work?).

  8. What types of insurance does the HealthWorks for Northern Virginia accept?

    We accept most all insurance, including Medicaid, FAMIS and Medicare. Regardless of whether you have insurance, rest assured, our doctors will care for you and your family.

  9. How can I pay for my medical care?

    We ask that you pay for all services at the time you receive them. We accept cash, credit cards, debit cards and checks. We also have a payment plan available for those who need to pay for services over a period of time.

  10. How do I make a charitable donation to help the HealthWorks for Northern Virginia provide services?

    We rely on donations to provide our services. You can help support the HealthWorks for Northern Virginia's mission to provide quality primary and preventive health care for all people in need by contacting us at 703-443-2000, visiting www.hwnova.org or by sending a check to HealthWorks for Northern Virginia, 163 Fort Evans Road NE, Leesburg, VA 20176.